Perennial plant coming from Asia, used in traditional medicine. Purified fraction obtained from the roots of Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi,
standardized in baicalin.
- Delays senescence, increasing fibroblasts duplications number by 10%.
- Restructures skin microrelief decreasing anisotropy by 13%.
- Increases the values of skin elasticity and firmness.
- Recovers characteristics that skin cells had 10 years earlier.
- Senescence is a synonym of aging.
- As years pass, cells diminish their replicative capacity, reducing their number
of duplications a 10% every decade
Replicative senescence causes loss of the functional characteristics of young skin
- In vitro test showed that fibroblasts treated with Vitasource™ reach 5 additional cell divisions.
- Considering that fibroblasts duplicate around 50 times, this means a 10% more.
- If decline in duplication is 10% every 10 years, this means RECOVERING 10 YEARS.
Vitasource™ rejuvenates skin to a condition comparable to that of one decade younger
Anisotropy (skin disorganization)
With Vitasource™, anisotropy diminishes a 13% respect placebo.
The skin relief improves, skin is restructured for a youthful complexion
With Vitasource™, firmness increases versus placebo:
- Uf (total extensibility): 10.9% increase.
- Uv (viscoelastic and delayed extensibility): 12.5% increase.
With Vitasource™, elasticity increases versus placebo:
- Ue (elastic deformation): 10.4% increase.
- Ur (elastic deformation recovery at force-off): 12.4% increase.